3-4 April 2017, University of York, York, UK
Magnetism 2017 is the premier conference organised by the UK and Rol magnetism community. It welcomes and encourages participation from Europe and further afield, and from industry. It follows the highly successful conferences in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
A mixture of invited talks and submitted contributions will allow the breadth of magnetism research in the UK and Rol to be presented. Participation from outside UK/Rol and from industry is also encouraged.
The conference encourages participation from across the breadth of magnetism, and has included oral sessions on a range of subjects including spintronics, domain walls, dynamics, vortices, skyrmions and topological systems, spin ice, biological and organic magnetism, superconductors, magnetocalorics and ab initio theory.
We are encouraging abstracts submitted in the areas of thin films and nanostructures, correlated electrons, biological and organic materials, computational magnetism and general magnetism.
- Dr Bernard Dieny, Chief Scientist at Spintec CEA/Grenoble, France
- Dr Andre Thiaville, University of Paris-Sud, France
- Professor Michael Farle, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany, (IEEE Distinguished Lecturer 2017)
- Professor Hendrik Ohldag, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Menlo Park, California, USA, (IEEE Distinguished Lecturer 2017)
- Dr Michael J Donahue, Mathematical & Computational Sciences Division, NIST, USA
- Dr Laura Bovo, University College London, UK
- Dr Damien McGrouther, University of Glasgow, UK
- Dr Brian J Kirby, NIST Center for Neutron Research, USA
- Deadline for nominating invited speakers: [Extended]3 October 2016
- Abstract submission deadline:20 January 2017
- Early registration deadline:7 March 2017
- Registration deadline:23 March 2017
Organised by the IOP Magnetism Group